Friday, July 20, 2012

Foodie Friday...Amazing Meatballs

Okay, first I have to say that I FORGOT to take pictures of this AMAZING creation!!!  :(  Boo!!!  But I was having the newlyweds over for dinner and I wasnt' thinking of photos at the time.  Sad, but true.  This photo I found on Google images and it is from http://foodsessed.com/2010/04/09/spaghetti-and-meatballs/ looks pretty close only my balls were even bigger and my sauce was thicker.    Check out her recipe too though as it does look and sound yummy for spag and meatballs.  This recipe is only for meatballs.  I debated about whether to do pasta or not and really I just wanted the meatballs!!!  SO, last minute I quickly made some of the Lipton Pasta Sides butter flavored noodles to go along side.  We also had a nice green salad with almonds and mandarin oranges and balsamic vinegar...it was yummy.  I also made some Italian Herb bread in my bread maker and a cucumber salad.  Oh, and chocolate cobbler for dessert. YUM!!!
Okay...here's the yumminess...


Saucy Meatballs

Sauce: (Make in Stew Pot)
Large can tomatoes (used the ones with Italian seasonings)
Regular sized can of tomato sauce
2 peppers chopped
4 plum tomatoes
1 onion
1 T brown sugar
1 T instant coffee
5 T cider vinegar
Salt – a little more than you think – the tomatoes need it
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce – about 10 shakes
Garlic – about 1 ½ T
Beef bouillon – I use the better than Bouillon and I used about 2 t (I’d say 1-2 cubes)
Paprika – about 4-5 shakes
Parsley – handful – saved this for the tipping

Pan on high heat add tomatoes, peppers, onion and let it steep and reduce on high heat add other ingredients and stirring occasionally leave on high (6ish) while you make the meatballs.  When you start to brown the meatballs the sauce should be a beautiful rich, thick texture and you can turn the heat to medium (4ish).  I also used my emulsion blender and blended it up a little so it was smooth.

Meatball ingredients: (make in high-rimmed skillet)
EVOO
Beef/pork mixture – I used 3 pounds (6 servings)
2 eggs
Couple handfuls breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning – about a tablespoon
Salt
Pepper
Cheddar cheese

Heat pan up with EVOO and then mix beef/eggs/crumbs/seasonings together.  Form a large ball and then poke a hole and fill with cheese being careful to reform ball. 
Brown all sides in hot skillet

Preheat oven to 350’

Combine!
When the balls are tan on all sides I added the sauce to the balls and move the meatballs around to get saucy.  Top with parsley leaves.  Put in the oven for about 45 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...