Friday, May 25, 2012

Foodie Friday - Cherry Cobbler

Foodie Friday- Cherry Cobbler!!!
WOW!!  This is AMAZING!!!!

I love, love, love cherries!!!  I think part of the reason that I love them so is because when I as a kid we had a cherry tree in the side yard and I could literally open my window and pick and eat them.  It seemed like it was a huge tree and every year we'd pick buckets full and mom would make the most delicious desserts and we'd all eat cherries until we were red in the cheeks!  Well, a few years ago I planted my very own cherry tree in my back yard.  It was scrawny and small, but I had high hopes for it!  It didn't seem like it would make it for a couple of years...it has been broken and sawed off but treated with care and respect.  This year it paid off!!!  I had a harvest of cherries!!!!! 

We got about 5lbs off that tree and the first thing we did was make cobbler.  I don't have my mom's recipe so I went to allrecipies and found a really good one! I added more cherries than Miranda did, but other than that I stuck to her recipe. 

Cherry Cobbler:
Ingredients:
1/2 C butter
1 C flour
1 C sugar
1 t baking powder
1 C milk


3 C pitted cherries
3/4 C sugar
1 T flour

Preheat oven to 350'.  Place the butter in a 9x13 baking dish, and plce in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating.  Remove as soon as butter has melted.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 C flour, 1 C sugar, and 1 t baking powder.  Mix in the milk until well blended, then pour the batter into the pan over the butter.  Do not stir.
Place cherries inteh bowl and toss with remaining 3/4 C sugar and 1 T flour.  Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the batter.  Do not mix.
Bake 50 minutes until golden brown.

The results are FABULOUS!!
Enjoy!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...