Friday, November 11, 2011

Foodie Friday Garlic Cheese Rolls


WOWZA!!!
Check out this blog for great instructions and follow her too - she's my BBFF! 
http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2011/09/cupcakes-garlic-cheese-cupcakes.html
These rolls are incredible!!!!!  Of course my son said that there is too much cheese.  Don't worry.  I've locked him in his room until he gets his head on right.  These things are the bomb diggity!  :)  LOL!  I'm gansta, I can talk like that!  No, I think I'm hoped up on cheese and garlic and I'm happy about it!!!  Try 'em!!!!
And check out Christy!!



Dough Ingredients: 1 T. yeast (I used a package), 1 12/ c. warm water (follow packet instructions on temperature), 1 1/2 T. sugar, 1 t. salt, 4-5 1/2 c. flour, 3 T veg oil, 1 egg yolk
Spread Ingredients:  1/2 c. butter, 1 1/2 T. garlic salt (reduce if you don't love garlic as much as I do...it's powerful), mozzarella cheese (about 1 c., shredded)
Dough Instructions:  Combine yeast, sugar, water, and stir.  Let sit until bubbly.  Add salt, oil, yolk and mix.  Add 3 c. of flour and mix.  Add 1 more cup, mix.  Add up to 1 1/2 cup more until dough is barely sticky to fingers (I only need 4 1/2 c.)  Knead 2-3 minutes.  Cover and let rise 1 hour. 
Roll dough out onto a board sprayed with cooking oil (like Pam). 
Mix butter and garlic salt, and spread over the rolled dough. 
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Roll up (like you are making cinnamon rolls). 
Slice into 18 pieces.  Let these rise for 20 more minutes while the oven is preheating
Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.
Enjoy but be careful because you will want to eat them ALL!!!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...