Friday, April 6, 2012

Foodie Friday - Mac and Cheese

Okay, I know we all have our favorite boxed mac-n-cheese.  I was searching online for something creamier and baked.  I found some good ideas for the crockpot, but it was already 3pm and I wanted it for dinner!  So I combined some recipes and came up with this deliciousness!!!
I am sorry my recipe is not measured at all but here's what I did...
Boil about 8 oz of noodles - I used shells
While those were boiling I added 1/2 stick butter to a pot and melted that and then sauteed about 1/4C onion into it.  I then added 2 C milk and 2 C cheese (I had white american cheese) - starting out with 1:1 ratio was for no particular reason and didn't take long for more cheese to be added! 
As that melted I drained the shells and added them to the pot with a bit of salt an pepper.  I quickly realized I needed more cheese so I raided th fridge and used some of whatever I had - including 4 oz of cream cheese!!!  WoW!  YUM! 
My daughter and I like it crunchy (burnt to a crisp!) on top so I baked some at 350' with some shredded cheddar on top for the two of us.  YUMMMM!  :)
Enjoy your FRIDAY!!
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...