Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Allison House B&B

Hi all! :)
I was lucky enough to get to stay at the Allison House Bed and Breakfast in Nashville, IN not too long ago.  It was a great getaway even if it didn't turn out to be quite as romantic as I'd hoped.  Mike got called to do mandatory OT on Saturday, so Friday night I spent by myself, but honestly I was okay with that.  I had time to myself and shopped, ate a cute little restaurant, blogged a bit and watched some You Tube.  That is where I found a nice woman who is Logan's mom at  http://www.youtube.com/user/loganscraftymomma  I honestly don't even know her name, but she seems sweet and sincere and I found her when I was looking for a recipe but then she crafts too so Wahoo!!! :)  She made a stairstep card very similar to this one for her realtor and I loved it.  So guess what?  I copied.  LOL!  I made this one for the Innkeepers at the B&B.  I know they will like it, but I'm not sure how to mail such a 3D card in the mail.  Guess I need to get a big envelope.  I will be mailing it soon. 

Have you ever stayed at a B&B?  I really enjoy them!  So charming and such great food!!  This is one of my all time favorites!!!  The food was to die for!!!!  SO YUM!!  I'm going to try to reproduce at least part of a meal and if it turns out I will do another post about it!  :)
It's a stair step card.  HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!
The base card is 10.5 x 5 and scored at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/4, 6, 8 1/4
fold like an accordia and there you have it!  Easy peasy!
The green cardstock for the stairs are all cut at 4 3/4 inches long but with varying widths.  The first step is 1" the second is 1 1/2" and the third step is 2"
I used My Community cartridge for everything...the house, the trees, the fence, adn the pup.  I made my own grass and flowers and sign. 
I'm really not sure what the flower pot that is by the door is supposed to be - I couldn't tell exaclty.  So I made it into a flower pot with glittery flowers dotted in with my stickles.  I used my gypsy so I'm not sure of anythings size.  Sorry.  :(


Side view of the stairs

 Top view



Enjoy your day!
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...