YAY!!! I know I told you about the cherries from the tree in my backyard....YUM!!! Well, one of the things I made with them is Cherry Cobbler. I got this recipe from All Recipes - what a great site!
It was sooo yummy - I almost forgot to take pics! :) It made a 9x13 pan and it was gone within a couple of hours!!!
Fresh Cherry Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Remove as soon as butter has melted, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the milk until well blended, then pour the batter into the pan over the butter. Do not stir.
- Rinse out the bowl from the batter, and dry. Place cherries into the bowl, and toss with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the cobber should come out clean.