Friday, June 3, 2011

Beef and Noodles

Happy FRIDAY!!!
I know I've told you all about my BBFF (Best Blogging Friend Forever) Christy.  Well, again, she never ceases to AMAZE me!!!  I can't even dog ear everything I want to do that she has done - I just dogear the entire site!!!  She makes things seem do-able.  Maybe not simple, but she's so personable that you really get the impression that you can do it too!!!  Well, my foodie Friday post today is based on a recipe I got from her.   Christy's recipe for Beef Stroganoff can be found on her site, with fab pictures as well.  I made this last night for my crew and everyone loved it.  Even my BF, Mike, who for the past 2 years since I've known him has a very short list of things he does not like and Beef Stroganoff is on that list!  I have always liked it so when I saw this recipe I thought I'd give it a whirl only I called it Beef and Noodles to disquise the stroganoff and not have noses turned up prior to trying it!  :)  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Give it a whirl....hope you enjoy it too. 
Here is my recipe including the twists I made, but check out Christy's blog if you want the original!
TTFN,
Tammy

BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE
Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef, 1 onion, chopped, 1/4 C water, 2 beef bouilon cubes, 2 T. flour, 1 t. salt, 2 cloves garlic, mushrooms (I used a can, but fresh would even be better),  1/4 t. pepper, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 c. sour cream, 1 package egg noodles, cooked as directed.
Instructions:
In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, garlic. Cook until onion is tender, and beef is browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, water, and bouillon. Cook for 3-5minutes until everything is incorporated nicely, stirring constantly.
Stir in soup and mushrooms, simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir in sour cream. 
Pour over cooked egg noodles
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...