Friday, June 17, 2011

Foodie Friday Margarita Cupcakes

WoW!!!  These are some sweeeet treats!  Very good but really too sweet, next time I'm gonna cut down on the sugar a bit.  I got this recipe from my BBFF, Christy.  Check out her blog for more fab pictues adn the original recipe...here is mine with some tweaks made and comments on what I will do differently next time.  I also made cute little tequilla worms and laminated them for each glass.  I, of course, kept them so I will have them to use again!  :)  There is no tequilla in these, but maybe next time!?!

CUPCAKES:
One box white cake mix made according to package directions.  Let cool and tear one up in bottom of margarita glass (mine didn't all match and I din't have enough for everyone and luckily I found some at the Dollar Store!)
FILLLING:
Beat (for 2 minutes) together 1 small pkg (4 oz) vanilla instant pudding with 1/2 c. whipping cream, 1/4 c. lime juice, 4 drops green food color, 1/2 c. powdered sugar. Let rest for 3 min, and then place in fridge.
Next time I will make the pudding first, add the whipped cream, lime juice, food coloring and 1/4 C sugar.  The way this was it was more like frosting itself and I'd prefer more more of a pudding filling. 
ICING:
Melt 5 oz of white chocolate and set aside.
Mix 1 stick of butter (room temperature), 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. vanilla, 1 T. lime, and 1/4 c. sour cream. Add in chocolate just until combined.
Too sweet for me...next time I will start with 2 1/2 C powdered sugar and 1/2 C sour cream.  I'll add more sugar to taste. 


Garnish edges with green sugar made by adding a couple (3) drops of food coloring to 1 C of sugar.  There was a ton of sugar left over so maybe don't use quite so much.  the top with a lime slice. 
My daughter helped me and we had lots of fun making these!!! :)   Isn't she adorable!!! :)  Love her, love her! 





TTFN,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...