Friday, February 10, 2012

Foodie Friday - Hot Chocolate Cuppies!


Hi y'all...
I was over looking at My Pink Stamper's blog and she had a recipe for Hot Chocolate Cupcakes.  Sounds good, right?!?!  And with this cold weather I thought it was perfect. I halved the recipe and it made 12 perfectly.  I used egg beaters so 1 1/2 eggs was no problem tha way.   I thought I'd do a cream cheese frosting, but then I thought that I should try to do somethig with marshmallows!!!  SO, I tried something.  My oven usually takes a few minutes longer than recommended so at the 16 minute mark I put some mini marshmallows on top of four of the cuppies and put them in for four more minutes.  They turned out beautifully!  :)
YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!


Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 packet Hot Chocolate
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
  2. In bowl of stand mixer combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients: eggs, hot chocolate/milk mixture, vegetable oil and vanilla.
  4. Beat on medium speed until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
  6. Bake for 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  7. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...