Friday, February 24, 2012

Foodie Friday....Ham and Beans - crockpot style!


Hi, hi, hi!!!!  What great comfort food is this?!?!  WOW!  I love ham and beans and thought I'd share this basic recipe.  It's so yummy and you can add jalapenos, chilies, hot sauce, whatever you like but my family devoured it just like this.

 Ham & Beans (Crockpot!)
1 large glass jar white northern beans
diced ham (about 1 pound), great for leftovers!!  Bone-in is even better if I have it.
1 chopped onion
6 cups water
3 cubes chicken bouillon
salt & pepper to taste


Put everything in crock pot cover and cook on low about 8 hours.  Serve with cornbread- we like Jiffy.  I use two boxes and add a drained can of corn to the mix before I bake it in an 8x8.

I usually put sour cream and shredded cheese out to put on top of beans

Enjoy!
Tammy



1 comment:

  1. This look yummy - you must be a gooooood cook thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...