Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flank Steak Fajitas

Good afternoon!!!  :)
As promised, I'm going to share my flank steak fajita recipe.  It is to die for.  This is one of my favorite recipes of all time.  It is that good!!!!  Please try it and let me know if you like it too!  :)

Over the weekend I made lots o' good stuff and have to share!!!! 

Breakfast: (shared in previous post)
Deep-dish Blueberry Pancake
Dinner: (Right now: YAY!!)
Fajitas with marinated flank steak
Dessert: (later this week)
Peach/Blueberry Cobbler


Marinated Flank Steak:
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/3 C soy sauce
1/4 C rice vinegar
2 T lime juice
1 T dijon mustartd
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. flank steak

Mix all ingredients in gallon sized ziploc and marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.  Turn occassionaly.  Take out of fridge about 15 mins before cooking. (During this time I cooked the veggies for the fajitas...see below)

I have heard that it's best to grill outside, however it is rainy and cold here so I decided to broil this puppy.  We like our meat medium rare so 5 mins each side was perfect!!!!

Let it rest for 5 mins before slicing into small strips across the grain. 

I cut up onions, peppers, and roma tomatoes into strips and grilled them in hot, hot oil on the stove. I turned the fire to medium and let them all get happy together while the meat was broiling and added a package of fajita spices for some authentic flavor.  They were carmalized and delish!!! 

We warmed our tortillas in the microwave and added steak, veggies, salsa, and sour cream.  YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm not sure it gets much better than this!
Enjoy!!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...