Friday, October 22, 2010

BEE-u-tiful

Hi crafters!!!

Hope you are doing well!  I am located in the middle of Indiana and it's feeling like fall here!  YAY!  It's my favorite time of the year!  I am going to take my kids to the pumpkin patch later today...we are looking forward to that!  Just what I need for my front porch!  A punkin or two!  :)  I also think I'll spend a bit of time this weekend working on some pumpkin recipes and hopefully some paper crafting too!  I still need those darned layouts....I've been spending a lot of time making my Christmas cards.  I don't think I'm going to do that again - it's overwhelming really.  I have 75 to make and am doing the waterfall style (like my anniv card) so I've been cutting and coloring and although I've made a lot of progress I'm sure it's MUCH less hassle and expense to just buy some.  Oh well, hopefully everyone will notice the love I've put into each one!  I've been spending all of my paper time on them...blinging them up, cutting, taping, bradding, it's a whole ordeal!  But I think they are going to turn out really cute and I believe I am on the homestretch now.  Can I get a YAY!!....YAY! !!  Thank you.   
I have to show you this card I made for one of my friend's birthdays.....  I know she loved it!!!  And she is just that - Beautiful!  Inside and out!  She looks amazingly like Paula Deen from the Food network!  No lie, it's amazing....people tell her all of the time!  And she has the cutest name.  Lynn Dinn.  I call her Lynnie Dinnie and she's one of my very bestest friends AND she is like a mama to me.  I love her, love her, love her!!!! 
Anyway, I totally cased this idea from another website.  Dawn's Stamping Thoughts...you can find her blog on the left side of this page.  She is FAB and does FAB videos.  Maybe I'll do videos sometime in the future??? They do help but unless the card looks complicated I find myself fast-forwarding to the end so I can see the end product.  LOL! 

I don't remember the name of the card, but it is really cool because it stands up on it's own and then it folds flat to fit in an envelope!  This is THE ONLY one that I made...I'll have to make more soon!  It was fun and really not too complicated with Dawn's help!


I used my cricut to cut out the bees and the honey thing.  I used sparkly paper for the yellow and velum for the wings.  I added some bling to the biggest bee's antenna and also some googly eyes which I eventually took off because they didn't close into the card right.  I also sponged the card and added some ribbon.  LOVE how it turned out!


Have a great  bee-u-tiful day!!!
TTFN,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...