Friday, January 20, 2012

Foodie Friday - Spaghetti Soup

YUM!!!  What a hit this was!!!  I found a similar recipe online but switched it up a bit and made it even better (in my opinion!) AND made it easier!!

Spaghetti Soup

  • 5 cups low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
  • 2 chopped cloves garlic
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 jar chunky spaghetti sauce 
  • pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
  • kosher salt and fresh pepper
  • package of precooked sausage crumbles (I used the soy kind and no one knew!)
  • approximately 1/2 box of broken spaghetti - picture below of what I used

Directions:
    In a soup pot over medium heat, bring all ingredients excpet noodles to a boil; simmer together for at least 5 mins but for as long as you want...I had mine on for about 40 minutes.  Add broken noodles and cook until they are done tor your liking - took about 10 minutes for me.  I sprinkled with Parmasean cheese.  Would be great with garlic bread too!! 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...