Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Canvas Picture Frames

Happy December!!!!  This year has just flown by....I guess that what happens when you are having fun!  :)

I know, I'm in the middle of the 12 days of Christmas, but I thought I'd post this canvas idea.  I made this last night for my BF's dad and his 'sqeeze'.  I did it all in black and white becasue I liked the picture that way, but you could do whatever you wanted.  I have something similar in my bedroom that is chocolate brown and light blue that I used a sepia picture with.  I like that one too.  These are really pretty simple to make.  Just need three canvases, two sheets of coordinating paper, a picture and some embelishments!  I even made the flowers on the pages with the left over paper!  Easy!  The picture I used is 5x7.

Aren't they cute!!  LOVE them!  I made the flower and smooshed it down to make it look a little distressed.  Added a key, a ribbon, a scrap paper cut with decorative scissors and a small row of bling. 

The bird is actually on the paper...I just added the bling.  The paper is from a black and white paper pack that I found at Hobby Lobby.  On the other side I did the Good Times in the Mickey Font....that is the only thing that I am wondering if I should change and make it look a little more sophisticated and blend in a bit more?!?  I am not sure yet.  My BF likes it and thinks it works.  I mad the flower and the white swirly thing is just a rub on.  The flower I cut out from a scrap from the sheet I used on the large canvas and just taped it on, it looks like it was paper. 

Just a picture to show you the canvas.  I used thick ones, cause that's what I had.

The complete ensemble.  :)

I find it easiest to decorate/distress/embelish the paper prior to putting it on the canvas but I just used my trusy ATG to put the paper on the canvas and it works well.  I suppose you could modge podge too, I didn't want to ruin the look ofhe canvas though.  Let me know if you have any questions!!!


Shhh...don't tell them!  :)  They won't get it until Christmas!   
TTFN,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and very creative of you. Love the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, very beautiful!!! and great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...